Lauren Davis is the poet you need to be reading; I am forever in awe of her work.
– Kelli Russell Agodon
Lauren Davis is the author of The Milk of Dead Mothers (YesYes Books, forthcoming), Home Beneath the Church (Fernwood Press), and When I Drowned (Aldrich Press). She holds an MFA from the Bennington College Writing Seminars.
She is a former Editor in Residence at The Puritan’s Town Crier, and she is the winner of the Landing Zone Magazine’s Flash Fiction Contest. Her work has appeared in numerous literary publications and anthologies including Prairie Schooner, Spillway, Poet Lore, Ibbetson Street, Ninth Letter and elsewhere. She reads for the Maine Review. Davis lives with her husband and two black cats on the Olympic Peninsula in a Victorian seaport community.
- Shortlisted for the Eric Hoffer Grand Prize Award for When I Drowned
- First Place at the Landing Zone Magazine’s Flash Fiction Contest for “Tastes Like Rat”
- Finalist for the 2021 Ruth Stone Poetry Prize
- Finalist for the 2021 Press 53 Award for Short Fiction
- Finalist for the 2020 Floating Bridge Press Chapbook Competition
- Finalist for the 1st Annual Fourth River Folio Contest
- Finalist for Blue Light Press Chapbook Contest and Copperdome Poetry Chapbook Competition
- Finalist for the Princemere Poetry Prize
- Semi-finalist for the Pamet River Prize from YesYes Books
- Semi-finalist for The Journal Charles B. Wheeler Poetry Prize from Ohio State University Press
- Longlisted for the 2021 Ghost Peach Press Book Contest
- Pushcart Prize Nomination for the poem “Walking the Lakota People’s Land”
- Best of the Net Nomination for the poem “Men and Fire”
- Best of the Net Nomination for the story “The Bright”
Mining Our Obsessions – Writing Workshops (online), Saturday, June 24th, 12:00PM – 4:00PM PST
Crafting Flash Fiction: The Power of Brevity – TBA (online) – Mondays, July 10th – August 7th (5 weeks), Asynchronous
Break Your Poem – Hugo House (online), Sunday, July 23th, 10:00AM – 1:00PM PST
Reading and Writing Plath: The Poetry Workshop – TBA (in-person) – Mondays, October 2nd – 30th (5 weeks), 10:30AM – 12:00PM PST